Thursday, August 25, 2011

Who Wouldn't Love a Mouse?

Hello!  And welcome to MouseSqueaks!


Why call my blog MouseSqueaks?  Well, here are a few reasons:


#1.  I think they are adorable.  I got my first pet mouse when I was in 4th grade, and I even took a mouse with me to college (I've had very educated mice).  Over the years, as I've observed their behavior, I've learned to appreciate these tiny creatures.  I can't understand why some people are afraid of them!  Really?  They are tiny, won't hurt you, and they are so cute.


#2.  I saw Disney's Cinderella when I was little and I was hooked. To me, Jacques and Gus were the stars of the movie.  I was determined to have little mouse friends like Cinderella had.   Of course, when I finally got my first mouse, I was pretty disappointed to discover that he wouldn't wear clothes.  In fact, he hated them!  Oh well.  I still loved him.


#3.  I have drawn little mice and made up stories about them since I was about ten, so I think they must have something to do with my creative muse.  Mouse… muse…?  Hmmm…


#4.  And of course, my first book is about an amazing, musical mouse.  ANGUS MACMOUSE BRINGS DOWN THE HOUSE was published by BloomsburyUSA in 2010.  More about Angus MacMouse later, I promise.


Well, I am looking forward to having a lot of fun here.  This is only the beginning!



No comments:

Post a Comment