Saturday, October 29, 2011

Still Waiting...

It's been a rough couple of weeks.

I'm still waiting for some good news about my new manuscript.  I've had several rejections so far, which are always hard to swallow, but I'd rather wait and get an editor who really loves my story.  That's what happened with Angus MacMouse and I was so grateful for the wonderful editor I had at Bloomsbury.

Then, my car broke down.  That's never fun (or cheap).

I've had a miserable cold that won't go away.  (Cough, cough, sniffle, sneeze.)

Then more expensive car repairs.

Now we are supposed to be getting a nor'easter... in October!

I know I'm not alone in this, but something yummy always makes me feel better.  So–– especially with snow coming, I decided to treat myself to some comfort food.  We are lucky to have lots of seafood restaurants on the North Shore to choose from, and since one of my favorite little spots will be closing soon for the season, I headed over to Farnham's in Essex.  They get my vote for the best fried clam strips ever!


My happy face!

No comments:

Post a Comment