Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Squeak of the Week

"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea."   Henry James

I believe the world would be a more peaceful, civilized place if we brought back the tradition of afternoon tea.  We all rush around–– busy, busy–– all day long.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to just stop everything we're doing for a little while and enjoy the simple pleasure of a friendly conversation over a warm, soothing cup of tea?  (It's hard to imagine plotting wars and destruction over a cup of tea, isn't it?)

My favorite brand for the last several years has been PG Tips.  It may not have the mystique of Assam, or the delicacy of Darjeeling, but it's strong and flavorful and does the job of keeping me going throughout the day.

The package says its England's number one brand, and "The definitive traditional English tea."  And since I have to admit to being a bit of an Anglophile, that's another reason for me to love it right there.

Tea always makes writing more pleasurable, too.  I rarely sit down to write without a hot cup of tea beside me.  A few sips and the ideas start to flow.  So, I think I'll put the kettle on...


No comments:

Post a Comment