Monday, September 26, 2011

IndieBound: One Little Step At A Time

I'm slowly learning how to blog, and it's actually more fun than I thought it would be!

I crossed a major hurdle the other day when I figured out how to link my book to a site where prospective readers could buy a copy of Angus MacMouse Brings Down the House.  (I still have some tinkering to do, but I'm getting there.)

I have no problem with Amazon, or Barnes & Noble––  but I decided to go another direction and support the smaller, independent bookstores.  These local stores need and deserve our help to stay in business and serve our communities.  So, if you click on the image of my book, or go to the bottom of this page and click on the red logo, you will be taken magically to IndieBound.org.

IndieBound is a wonderful site that helps you find a local independent bookstore near you. I know of several on the North Shore that are absolutely wonderful.  Toad Hall in Rockport,  Spirit of '76 in Marblehead, The Book Shop in Beverly Farms, Manchester-By-The-Book in Manchester, and Banbury Cross in Hamilton, to name a few.  I'm sure you can find a shop in your neighborhood too.  The owners and staff members are always very friendly and more than happy to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment