Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sunday In Salem

My travels this past weekend took me to the Salem Literary Festival, which celebrates "the art, beauty, and business of writing."  The artistic community in Salem is thriving, so it was wonderful to see such a great turnout.

Salem's (silly) 'Bewitched' Statue
I could only go on Sunday, but I still got to hear local luminaries like Brunonia Barry, Katherine Howe, and Hank Phillippi Ryan.  Almost everyone was talking about the importance of blogging, so I was very happy that I am finally adding my humble little squeaks to the overall din.

The Phillips House
One of the venues, where I attended a workshop, was the Phillips House on Chestnut Street in the historic McIntire District.  This broad tree-lined avenue of huge Federal-style mansions must be one of the most beautiful streets in New England.


                                                    A relative, perhaps???

No comments:

Post a Comment